miscommunication as a plot device makes me angry
if you just talked to each other but no
can y’all stop reblogging that tweet with the “i scared the mexican woman in my backyard” because that picture is of a native mexican woman who gave birth on the lawn of the hospital that refused to treat her and tbh that tweet is messed up
IT’S SCOTT MCCALL’S BIRTHDAY!
And in honour of our favourite alpha, we’ve decided to offer up some gifts.
Reblog this post and enter your URL here. Following tumblr’s rules, you have to be 18 to participate.
8 Winners will be chosen randomly at the end of September!
Up for grabs is:1. Scott McCall Beacon Hills Hoodie from rustypolished
2. Teen Wolf Tea Sampler by daunt
3. A Joe Corroney Teen Wolf Print donated by notanotherteenwolfpodcast
4. Commissioned Artwork by hydrae/foxkings
5. Commissioned Artwork by komisaari/kommissarien
6. Teen Wolf pencil case designed by daunt, Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast buttons and stickers designed by daunt and donated by notanotherteenwolfpodcast
7. Scott McCall Defense Squad T-Shirt or Mug or Tote Bag by vulcains/knot-all-men
8. Any chosen print by vulcains/knot-all-menIn addition to this there is:9. A WOLFPACK ticket to The Bite Convention!! This is separate, and to enter for the ticket all you need to do is create Scott centric fanworks and tag them #scottys bday. It can be anything - art, fic, fanmixes, meta, poetry, graphics, gifs - just as long as Scott is featured. The winner will be chosen randomly at the end of September! :)
ok but ask yourself this about your otp
- which one hogs the blanket
- which one cuts the other’s hair
- which one makes coffee for the other every morning
- which one picks up the pizza
- which one likes their music on full volume
- which one complains about the crumbs on the bed
- which one is ticklish
- which one sings and which one plays the music
- which one proposes
You know what I like, and feel is so important? That he doesn’t say “Men thinks those are THEIR positions”. He says “We think those are OUR positions.”
As a male feminist, he still doesn’t exclude himself from the group of men.
People always seem to just run with the idea that “all interpretations are true”, but forget the corollary that “all interpretations are true so long as they’re rational and you can derive it from evidence in the text”. And by this, I mean that there’s a limit to fan interpretations/theories/headcanons that you can come up with before it sounds like you’re talking about a whole different work entirely.
Facebook should read up on its queer history: You never want to mess with drag queens.
Claiming the use of legal names will “keep our community safe,” Facebook has begun shutting down the profiles of individuals who do not to use their “real” or legal names when creating and logging into their accounts. The new requirement is drawing the ire of many in the LGBT community who argue it is a policing tactic that could be harmful to both artistic and queer communities.
I like how this is focused on Drag Queens instead of trans women, women who are leaving abusive relationships, closeted non-het/non-cis people, you know people who legit might die cause of bullshit like this.
You remember the trans women who works for facebook? The one who made the new gender options? Yeah right now shes fighting this, for us. Shes fighting her own employer to make things right. I just thought you should know.
What trans woman who works at fb?!
Her name is Brielle Harrison. Shes been responsible for the terf pages getting banned and has been a huge help in getting facebook to change policy.
So what you’re saying is that once again drag performers are putting on a show while a trans woman gets things done.
it’s just. ferguson isn’t over. this shit won’t ever be over. but people have stopped reblogging, stopped posting, stopped raising awareness for this major event. people are still angry. i’m still angry. stay angry.
Don’t wanna’ be your exotic/Like some dark, fragile, colorful bird imprisoned, caged in a land foreign to the stretch of her wings/Don’t wanna’ be your exotic. Women everywhere look just like me/Some taller, darker, nice than me but like me just the same/Women everywhere carry my nose on their faces/My name on their spirits.
Don’t seduce yourself with my other-ness/My hair wasn’t put on top my head to entice you into some mysterious, black voodoo/The beat of my lashes against each other ain’t some dark, desert beat/It’s just a blink/Get over it.
Don’t build around me your fetish, fantasy, your lustful profanity to cage me in, clip my wings. Don’t wanna’ be your exotic. Your lovin’ of my beauty ain’t more than funky fornication, plain pink perversion. In fact, nasty necrophilia.
Because my beauty is dead to you/I am dead to you.
Not your harem girl, geisha doll, banana picker, pom-pom girl, pum-pum shorts coffee maker, town-whore, belly dancer, private dancer, La Malinche, Venus Hottentot, laundry girl, your immaculate vessel, emasculating princess/Don’t wanna’ be - not your erotic, not your exotic.
Suheir Hammad is a Palestinian-American poet, author and political activist who was born on October 1973 in Amman, Jordan to Palestinian refugee parents and immigrated with her family to Brooklyn, New York City when she was five years old. Her parents later moved to Staten Island. (x)